CBC, or Complete Blood Count is a test to measure
- RBC count, or the number of red blood cells
- WBC count, the number of white blood cells,
- Total amount of hemoglobin
- Hematocrit The fraction of blood that is red blood cells.
This test is used to monitor many health conditions. It could be ordered by a provider as part of a
- Routine check up
- If you have symptoms such as fatigue, weight loss, fever/ signs of infection, bruising, bleeding, signs of cancer.
- Monitor a chronic health problem that could change blood count results such as chronic kidney disease.